A 23-year-old male asked:
I have never been stung by a wasp or bee in my life and i was wondering if im stung for the first time could i get a dangerous reaction ?
2 doctor answers • 9 doctors weighed in
Pediatrics 36 years experience
It's possible: but generally you need to stung once prior to the next time causing an allergic reaction. This is called sensitization.
203 viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Partially agree: With Dr Deborah, however at times it nay the first time exposure or if massive, it can cause an allergic reaction, which vary in severity, if you have allergies of any type, better keep an anti histamine handy in case of accidental exposure, wish you well and good luck
202 viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Mar 22, 2019
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.