Canada

persistent penile rash that comes and goes. doctors have varying opinions about it. could it be scabies? suggested possible causes and tests?

Some basics: Scabies is not a process that comes & goes. It represents infestation by the mite that persists until cured. Intermittent rashes would be more likely to represent a contact reaction issue with soaps, chemicals or something on your fingers/hand. Identification of the triggering factor will require you be vigilant & keep tract of possible agents.