diagnosed with tourettes syndrome & adhd, currently take 10mg ritalin twice a day, 150mg welbutrin, 0.75 risperdol & 150mg lamictin per day. the ritalin isn't effective anymore & i need to replace it, will adderall improve my concentration?

2 doctor answers
45 years experience Pediatrics
Hard to speculate: Adderall is a cousin drug to Ritalin and may or may not have an improved effectiveness in your case. Often, changing the dose or dose delivery system of Ritalin could bring it back to a useful performance. With this type of drug it is often requires a trial of several combinations before a successful balance is achieved.
Answered on Feb 13, 2019
Dr. Manaf Ahmad
31 years experience Pediatrics
May be: However, you are taking a lot of medications and you should get checked
Answered on Jul 23, 2020