Chandler, AZ

I'm a throat cancer survivor. how long will it take for my throat to feel normal? i finished chemo and radiation treatments oct. 5th.

Dr. Akua Agyeman
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 23 years experience
Throat ca survivor: That is a question best directed to your oncologist or surgeon. Speak to other survivors to see what they have experienced. The pain and discomfort with swallowing should resolve in a few weeks, but swallowing may feel different as well as the sensation of food going down as a result of damage sustained from therapy. Much of the sensation should feel normal to you within 3-6 months.

Last updated Feb 21, 2019