ZA

I am asking on behalf if my 78 mother. she is a discovery member but does not have a smart phone to access this site. she has lupus. it's been w says that her veins on her legs ankles and feet have swollen and she is unable to stand or walk.

Dr. Kenny Chuu
Lupus: Hi, Lupus is a very complex disease and needs to be managed by a local physician that is able to examine her legs. Swelling in the legs is a common finding and may be a result of her lupus, but there are many other causes that should be ruled out. Keep an eye out for any rashes that develop as well. It's concerning that she is no longer able to stand or walk. Please have her see her doctor soon.

Last updated Oct 13, 2018