I have hyperlipidemia, my total count is 12 and of that my LDL is 11, I use Vusor, but I get sharp pains and throbbing around where my liver and kidneys are, is this medication causing damage also get a lot of other pain around my body since starting?

Dr. Safwaan Desai
Specializes in
Statin medications : Hi. Anti cholesterol medication (statins) are known to cause muscle cramps and pain. They may also have effects on the liver. This can occur across the class. I recommend that you consult your doctor to assess your symptoms and plan appropriate investigations. Best wishes.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019
1