i can touch a round thing beside my belly button but it wasnt visible, i can only feel it whenever i press on it. and it hurts. please tell me what this could be. thank you!

2 doctor answers
Dr. James Burns
36 years experience Emergency Medicine
Possibly could be: an omphalomesenteric duct cyst which is a fetal remnant of the maternal-fetal circulatory system. Benign, but uncomfortable. I would suggest a surgical consultation to verify.
Answered on Sep 25, 2018
Dr. Dora Chizea
47 years experience Anti-Aging Medicine
If ...Body hurts,..: If a part of the Body hurts, it means it is Not Happy. It needs attention. Because of the numerous possibilities of what can go wrong with the Organs & Structures around the Umbilicus ( Stomach/Small & Large Intestine...) it is best to see One's PCP with the mindset that a Gastrointestinal Specialist or General Surgeon might be needed. The sooner the better.
Answered on Sep 25, 2018