ZA

Im 26 weeks pregnant and im feeling the baby move instead of it kicking me? is it normal to feel movements than kicks during pregnancy? im a bit confused as this is my first pregnancy

Dr. John Berryman
Fetal movement: At 26 weeks, the fetus is still small and even if he/she "kicks" you will not generally feel it strongly enough to assign it to a "kick". The fetus does move around, which involves a change in position, which can be felt fairly often.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Movements: People use different terminology to refer to the perception of fetal movement. As long as you feel it move it does not matter if you describe it as a movement, a wiggle or a kick. Movement is movement

Last updated Mar 8, 2019