Had 10mm gallstone a yr back.Recently i had mild pain &felt heavy on right side.Ultrasound says gallstone of 5mm.I have bloating&burping &hives.Is there anyway stone can be dissolved or surgery is the only solution?Can stone size reduce as reported?

Dr. Daniel Para
29 years experience in General Surgery
Surgery: The treatment of gallstones is surgical removal of the gallbladder. The timing of surgery is up to you, if you are not experiencing fever, nausea or vomiting and do not have yellow eyes or skin. As a surgeon, I see the consequences of delayed surgery for gallbladder disease such as jaundice, pancreatitis and gangrene of gallbladder which markedly increases your risks. Get it removed now.
Answered on Jul 18, 2018