Palm Bay, Florida

Swelling around my knee on my right leg it's not bad barley noticeable but it also burns kinda on the left side of that knee it also feels kinda stiff i had some swelling in my lower leg 3 days ago. what could this be?. fluid? dvt? torn muscle?

Dr. Sharon Joag
Podiatry 19 years experience
Swelling in knee : Yes, it could be a number of different things. The best thing to do is to get an orthopedist to clinically examine your knee. It may even be a Baker’s cyst, which sits behind your knee and can be easily drained or injected. In case it’s something more severe like a DVT, it’s important to see your PCP right away. A DVT is a medical emergency and should not be taken lightly. All the best.

Last updated Jul 1, 2018