ZA

my hip (waist) hurts when i go to sleep or if i stand (walk) for long.

Dr. John Testa
Hip pain: If your hip hurts when you lay down on that side at night, could be a sign of bursitis. Should see your PCP
Dr. Ronald Krauser
See details: You are likely describing low back pain even though your description is too vague to reach any conclusion. Have it evaluated.
Dr. Keith Johnson
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Try stretching: At your age, such pain is likely trochanteric bursitis due to a tight IT band (if pain is on the side of the hip) or mild hip dysplasia/labral tear of hip (if the pain is at the bend of the hip- in the groin). Try stretching your IT band (there are many stretches illustrated on You Tube). If that doesnt help after a couple of weeks, you need to get an MRI of the affected hip