U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 76-year-old female asked:

I have a few sun spots one of which is getting very inflamed. do i see my gp or a dermatologist. if it is skin cancer who cuts it out?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Thys Geldenhuys
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Dermatologist : See a dermatologist first. Once you have a diagnosis and treatment plan you can do regular follow up with your GP.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 17, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.