ZA

son had v.high temp & went to dr yest. (dx viral). has slight raised red spotty rash all over, thought related to temp but temp ok now. should i worry?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Viral illness: At this point there is no need to worry as long s you have the diagnosis in hand
If you wish..but no: A rash after a fever often represents the end result of the immune response to a viral illness. Antibodies made to capture and neutralize the virus do so and head to the skin surface because it is cooler. The antibody+virus then leak from capillaries into what you see as spots under the skin. While the virus circulates fever is up, removed=down. Pattern often suggests the type of virus.