Canada

i have just had a ck up. my thyroid was 0.03 and i was on 112 of synthroid. my dr. increased it to 125? is the tsh not already too low? now on hrt

Dr. John Berryman
Thyroid "low": The TSH level is what stimulates the thyroid to produce thyroid hormone (T3). If your TSH was low, it can mean that the thyroid is not being forced to manufacture T3. Giving Synthroid will depress the TSH, you are correct, but to know how much active thyroid hormone you have, get a "free" T4 test done by your provider. The TSH will remain low while taking Synthroid, which is normal.

Last updated Apr 13, 2018