i had a tooth out yesterday at the top. not wisdom but one next to it. had three roots i now have pain all down my face and neck into my shoulder.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Not uncommon: You did not ask a question, so I am assuming you would like to know if this is normal. It can be, especially if the extraction was difficult. If the pain is really severe, call your surgeon to discuss.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019
1
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Question: If your question is, "I had surgery, should there be post-surgical pain?" I think the answer is obvious. A 3 rooted molar is a large tooth. If it was infected that increases the probability of pain. Did your Dentist or Oral Surgeon prescribe pain killers or antibiotics? If so, take them as directed. If paid does not begin to diminish by 3rd post-op day return to your surgeon for reevaluation.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019
1