Monroe, MI

i am experiencing weight gain (time frame: gradual onset) and obesity. the following also describe me: abdominal obesity, snoring, getting no exercise, high blood pressure, difficulty staying awake during day, insomnia, excessive sweating, sleepiness, p

Pathology 49 years experience
Unclear question: You seem to know the problem and the cause of it. Being overweight is making your health issues worse and you ought to lose weight (easier said than done) and exercise regularly. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. Hiroshi Mashimo
Gastroenterology 33 years experience
Discuss w ur doctor: This constellation and may be interrelated. Blood tests including TSH (thyroid) and screen for diabetes warranted. Check for obstructive sleep apnea (sleep study) prevalent w ur condition which can lead to forgetfulness, irritability, heart problems etc. Discuss w ur doctor importance of weight reduction w diet, exercise, and other life style changes to prevent more serious complications