i have a pain in my knee when i walk (especially when going up/down stairs and exercising). it is in my left knee on the left hand side. the pain only appears after exercise or long walk. worst if i lie on my right side, left my left leg and bend it?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ronald Krauser
52 years experience Rheumatology
See an orthopedist: Then you should see an orthopedist and have the knee evaluated. It is impossible to offer a specific diagnosis without being able to examine the knee and order imaging studies.
Answered on Apr 5, 2018
Dr. Donald Colantino
Knee pain: I suspect that this is a tendonitis rather than an internal knee derangement of ligament or cartilage damage. If you can take them, anti-inflammatory medications like Advil or Aleve (with food) for a week may relieve the inflammation. If no improvement, consult an orthopedic specialist for diagnosis and treatment. A knee xray or mri may be ordered.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019