Spencerport, NY

my feet turn blue when i sit but it reverses when walking. also very cold sensation. and on and off red and swollen toes. cramps in toes and feet, too?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Acrocyanosis or arth: This can come and go and it is present when your legs hang down. The sympoms may suggest a vascular problem or an arthritis. You will need an evaluation to clarify these symptoms
Dr. Donald Colantino
Blue feet: When feet are dependent veins are more filled with blood which is less oxygenated as opposed to reddish blood in arteries. Coldness could be from vasoconstriction or cold intolerance as your body wants peripheral blood sent to its core to warm it. To rule out vascular disorders have an evaluation by a vascular surgeon. Cramps can be caused by deficiencies of calcium,magnesium or potassium.