NJ

still breastfeeding 20month old baby. period came back 9 months ago. averages 22 days long, tiny bit of spotting1-2 days before it begins. no spotting in between periods. how can i make my cycle longer? is it short because of the breastfeeding?

Dr. Brad Douglas
Hormone: You are breast feeding much longer than your body was meant to - most breast feed for about 6 months - and hence if you want to adjust the length of your period without affecting flow - then you will need to use progesterone. also, JUST because you are breast feeding, this does not protect you from getting pregnant again.