Wilmington, DE

i am experiencing shortness of breath (severity: moderate) (time frame: sudden) (worsened by: exercise or physical activity) (better by: rest) . the following also describes me: chest pain or discomfort. what should i do?

Doctor can evaluate: Shortness of breath is not normal, unless it is the mild temporary shortness of breath with sports activities (but even then, one must be sure he is not having more shortness of breath than his sports peers have). Possible reasons for shortness of breath include heart attack, heart arrhythmia, heart failure, fluid around the heart, fluid in the lungs, asthma, a bad case of costochondritis, etc...