Croatia

can you die from fear?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Death from fear?: Chronic fear and anxiety can cause your health to deteriorate, interfere w/sleep, exercise, nutritional needs, etc. All of this can contribute to sickness and shorten life. Please focus on the main issue which is fear. Consult w/someone to help you, a trusted friend, a relative, a doctor, and prudent spiritual leader. Peace and good health.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Indirectly (rarely): Basically yes. Fear leads to high levels of epinephrine (adrenalin) and cortisol and in some people that could cause abnormal heart beats that could lead to a heart attack. Prolonged fear can also lead to reduced immune function leading to serious infections or increasing risk of cancer. In most cases fear will not directly cause death but it can be a contributing factor.