Cause of rough palpitations in throat & chest with cough, numbness in arms & hands, lightheaded, throwing up mucus, shortness of breath, RHR of 119.

Dr. Tamara Modilevsky
53 years experience in Internal Medicine
Do you have fever?: You most likely have a viral upper respiratory tract infection. Check you temperature. Numbness in your arms and hands might be related to hyperventilation. You can take over the counter anticongestants, Tylenol if you have fever. If you have high fever and shortness of breath, it Is advisable to see your doctor to rule out pneumonia.
Answered on Feb 25, 2018