NM

Foot hurts on top of foot by the opposite side of my ankle. if i press it i can feel the pain move through my foot and even in my heel. it feels like it's stretching if i move to one side. my dad has a history of gout. so i'm worried about that.

Pathology 49 years experience
Fasciitis and weight: What you described is suggestive of planter fasciitis aggravated by obesity. It is important to lose weight, (easier said than done). You may consult the site listed below for information in planter fasciitis and if that does not help it may be useful to see a podiatrist. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354846 Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Last updated Feb 24, 2018