Hi there. I got results of MRI accidentally sent to me in portal but don’t have appt with ortho until Monday. Wondering about meniscus bucket tear?

Dr. Michael Gabor
32 years experience in Diagnostic Radiology
A bucket handle tear: is a specific type of meniscal tear, it gets its name because the torn segment on the margin of the meniscus is attached at both ends, but the rest of it flips inward, sort of like the handle of a bucket flipping up from the bucket. It is generally an unstable tear and usually requires surgery. I'm sure the ortho doc will fill you in on all the details.
Answered on Jan 14, 2018