ZA

Im extremely tired for no reason.no matter how much i rest, my energy levels remain low.my body is also a bit painful & i have this constant headache. there was a time i was so tired my speech was slow. i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism years ago.

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: Are you taking your thyroid medication. You may wish to consult your doctor to ensure that your thyroid supplementation is adequate. It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor and discuss if you may be depressed. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, exercise may help. Start with low intensity exercise such as walking and gradually increase the intensity at tolerated.
Dr. Christopher Burress
Chronic Fatigue: You appear to have a form of fatigue. This could be chronic fatigue syndrome also known as fibromyalgia or other organic causes such as obstructive sleep apnea. Due to your history of hypothyroidism, this would need to be evaluated as a cause as well as ruling out other possible pathologic causes. You need to be seen by your physician for a workup.
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Is: your thyroid function normal. Uncontrolled Hypothyroidism could cause generalized malaise. The other question is mental health and Collagen vascular conditions. See your Internist for general evaluation and laboratory work up

Last updated Mar 16, 2018