Kendall Park, NJ

How long can i take pain meds for my neck spasm. have taken 600mg of ibopurfen for last 3 days. also, ice or heat for the pain?

Dr. Louis Krenn
Muscle relaxer, heat: As long as you are otherwise healthy, ibuprofen can be taken for several days without problems. However, if you experience any stomach upset or pain, you should stop. Ibuprofen may not be the best option for neck spasms though. You may want to see a physician to get a prescription for a muscle relaxer. I would also recommend use of heat, although either can be used.
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Need evaluation : You need an evaluation. You need a diagnosis. If this is not working then let’s be certain what the reason is. Is it related to your present problems or is it related to another process. This could be torticollis and a simple injection will help a lot

Last updated Jan 1, 2018