New Zealand

my semen is always completely clear, its been this way since i was 14 and im now 21, is this normal or do i need to be seen by a doctor?

Dr.
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Simple test: There is a wide range of normal. In saying that, it is common for semen to have a white appearance. If you see your Dr, they can send a sample to the lab for a sperm count and ensure that everything is in order.
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Urology 44 years experience
See below : The appearance of semen can vary for a variety of reasons, some of which may be significant. Most common cause of clear, watery semen is high frequency of ejaculations which does not allow enough time for the sperm (which contributes to color and viscosity) to replenish. Low sperm count and prostatitis are other possibilities. If high ejaculation frequency not the issue, recommend semen analysis.