Hi, I experienced spotting and delayed period. Also, I often bleed if I get fingered. Gyno said I may have PCOS. Is there any other possible reason?

Dr. Lisa Keller
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Many possibilities: Hello, Irregular bleeding can have many causes, ranging from normal to, rarely, cancer. PCOS can be diagnosed with blood tests and an ultrasound, which would be a good idea if you haven't had them. It's also important that your PAPs are up to date. Bleeding after penetration would make us want to check for infection, polyps or cancer by a vaginal exam.
Answered on Aug 23, 2019