my son is 1 year old. yesterday morning it looked like two mosquito bites. throughout the day it became worse, now making a crust like sore. ?

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Possible infected: Some insect bites will cause enough inflammation that they will bubble and blister and cause a crust, but the lesions you describe could also be impetigo, a skin infection with strep or staph. Keep the area dry. If it heals in a day or two, it may have been just a insect bite, but if the lesion enlarges or if there are new lesions, it is most likely impetigo and needs antibiotic Rx.
Answered on Dec 13, 2017
1