Madison, AL
A male asked:

burning in both shoulders and upper arms....at worst after waking up in the morning.

Dr. Yash Khanna
Musculoskeletal Pain: It is probably musculoskeleal pain may be related to how you sleep.But we don't have enough information as to how long this is going on and what happens to the pain during the day.You age and any other smptoms associated with it.You can try over the counter pain meds and if it persists consult your doctor
Dr. Donald Colantino
AM burning: These symptoms are seen in polymyalgia rheumatica A rheumatologist is best qualified to evaluate and treat you if your symptoms persist. Appropriate tests will be done in order to make a diagnosis. In the meantime you could try taking a course of anti-inflammatory medications like Advil or Aleve for several days to see if symptoms resolve.