AU

i run full speed into coffee table chasing my barking dog in the dark and felt an enormous crack in my shin. now its painful at rest and when walking, lump, bruising and foot is tingling. how long should i wait to see dr, it's only been 14 hrs.

Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice 40 years experience
Get checked now: I suggest a check up at a clinic as soon as possible to be on the safe side. You could have a fracture which needs to be appropriately treated. Furthermore, the pain and bruising are of concern and should be addressed. The sooner you are properly evaluated the better your chances are for recovery without further complications.
Dr. Gary Pess
Dr. Gary Pess answered
Hand Surgery 40 years experience
Xray: I think that an Xray would be useful to make sure you did not fracture your tibia.

Last updated Nov 13, 2017