ZA

i have a uti for about 3 weeks on and off. have been taking citrus soda and received medication from pharmacist. it returned 4 days ago. urine dipstick done with +2 leukocyte. i am dizzy/light headed today. bp 112/70 (bp normally stable) what to do?

Dr. Jaiprakash Thakor Jairam
Time to see Dr: A UTI is caused by BACTERIA.Any OTC product(citro soda is one) will only alleviate symptoms at best.The treatment is an anti-biotic which can be recommended by your doctor.If you have already tried one,then a urine sample to the lab for microscopy,culture and sensitivity will be the best routeThis will tell you EXACTLY which anti-biotic to use.You need to see your doctor. Good luck