ZA

my 19 month old son has been vomiting on and off for the past 2 days. no fever or other symptoms. he is cutting 2 canines. i feel it is made worse by drinking too much formula, due to lack of appetite for solids. any idea what the cause is?

Dr. Liesl Venter
Too much formula: Most children have enough ‘reserve’ to go without much food for a couple of days. Don’t give more than +/- 400ml formula per 24 hours at this age. The rest can be given as clear fluid. If the problem persists or gets worse, consult your doctor.