After a trip&fall,need PT for knees&hands.Each PT session,PT tells me to do a bridge(bend knees,tighten abdomen,&squeeze butts up&down20X).Have chronic lower back problem.This exer. hurts my back.Shld I stop doing it?PT says it's good for back/hips.

Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience in Preventive Medicine
I believe most: experts advise against doing any exercise that hurts. This goes against the long-held dictum, "No pain, no gain." This has largely been determined to be unhelpful. You might check with your treating physician, or simply tell the physical therapist that you prefer not to do anything that aggravates pain. If she/he insists, ask to see another therapist. Good wishes:)
Answered on Nov 4, 2017
1