Meridian, ID

i have been having pale, if not clear urine. i have cut back my water and having more sports drinks with little success. have dry skin, chapped lips.

Dr. Chris Sadeh
Emergency Medicine 20 years experience
Are you taking: a diuretic, or drinking alcohol or excessive caffeine? This can cause clear and frequent urination. If not, clear urine is a sign of being well hydrated. I would not alter your fluid intake based on having very slightly yellow urine. If your urine was very dark, that’s often an indication to drink more fluids, but the reverse situation you describe requires no change in consumption.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Start over: Is your question about dry skin? If so the remedy is not to drink more. If you consume large volumes of fluids you will have large volumes of urine, but your skin will remain dry. A dermatologist will define the skin condition and its cause. Meanwhile you should use cream or ointment. I like CERAMIDE products such as Eucerin, especially after a long soak in a shower.