New York, NY

do i need another tetanus shot if skin on my arm broke from something with rust? i received my childhood dtap vacs and received a tetanus vac about 5 months ago because of another cut from rust? i cleaned it well and bandaged it will i be okay?

Pathology 49 years experience
No need: If you had a tetanus booster 5 months ago, you do not need more. It is not rust that causes tetanus, it is due to contamination with soil containing the tetanus bacteria/spores. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine

Last updated Nov 28, 2017