Loma Linda, CA

i know i have a breast abcess. it burst tonight. can i treat this at home? i currently have no money to go to doctor, and i'm scared.

Breast abscess: I am sorry about your financial situation. However, I do think that medical assessment is important in your case. An abcess can be loculated - so the fact that your's burst is not a guarantee that it will drain properly. The fact that you have a fever & chills means that the infection is not just impacting your breast. Antibiotics are likely indicated. I would seek emergency medical care.
Provided original answer
I am concerned that you don't have a week to wait until you get your paycheck.
Oct 15, 2017
Dr. Harold Fields
Abcess : Try applying hot moist towels to the open abscess to draw out the puss. If that doesn't help to clear it up you will have to see a physician
Dr. Yash Khanna
Need to be treated: you need to consult a doctor.You may need Antibiotics&may need to help drainage.Most Breast Absesses even if burst& draining will need help with the drainage.Meanwhile you can put warm soaks to help with the drainage.You can go to the ER &get it treated there.You may still have to buy the prescription given for Antibiotics.Rarely it can resolve spontaneously but taking a chance,I advise against It