York, SC

i am 4 months postpartum and have been losing a lot of hair. i know hair loss after pregnancy is normal but i have noticed bald spots on my temple. should i resume taking my prenatal vitamins or can i take a hair,skin, and nails vitamin?

Dr. Dean Giannone
Hair loss. : If you’re continuing in family planning mode, then resume the prenatal vitamins. If not, then the hair and nails formulation would suffice. Regardless, the hair loss is expected, as you mentioned, and is related to rapid hormonal changes that occur at delivery. These changes occur quickly and self-correct very slowly.