U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

Good day, i think that i might have an anxiety disorder. i'm not sure if i need to see a psychologist for this. i get frequent panic attacks and i binge eat. i'm considering duromine for the bingeing. ?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 47 years experience
Exams: I recommend a team approach to your issues: First, obtaining a comprehensive physical exam from your physician. Secondly, seek professional psychological counseling and CBT from a certified clinical psychologist. You may benefit from SSRI therapy.
Dr. Niel Venter
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Psychologist: Start by seeing a Psychologist. They will do an evaluation and medication might or might not be reccommended. Duromine will worsen the anxiety. Dont take that!
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
I agree with Dr. Venter. if you have a binge eating disorder -that shoudl be be addressed rather than taking duronmine -which is likely to increase symptoms of anxiety.
Sep 20, 2017

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 21, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.