diagnosed by my doctor with concussion 3 days ago & experiencing mild symptoms of concussion. are there any symptoms i should worry about or that should make me go back for further tests or check up? what can i do to improve recovery?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Aslam Bhorat
Specializes in
Neurological Review: Good Afternoon, You need to contact a neurologist for advice. I am a urologist and not able to assist you. Kind regards Aslam Bhorat
Answered on Sep 17, 2017
1
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
Yes, see below: The main symptoms of concern would be increasing headache especially if it wakes you up. This may require a repeat CT scan to make sure that there is no bleeding in and around the brain. Dizziness or memory changes can also be concerning and should be reported to your local doctor whom you first met and who made your diagnosis of concussion. Your head is expected to clear up within 1-2 weeks,
Answered on Sep 17, 2017
1
Dr. James Okamoto
Rest: The best thing you can do to improve recovery after a concussion is REST. Not just physical rest, but mental rest also. Avoid things that are taxing to the brain (studying, video games etc) avoid strenuous exercise, wt lifting also. If you are having any visual changes, worsening headache, vomiting, loss of balance, change in mood, difficulty staying awake or confusion, personality change see Dr.
Answered on Sep 22, 2017
1