Medina, OH

27, 125 healthy female. take great care of my body. daily problems-sore/swollen joints (fingers, wrists, hips, knees, ankles), chronic fatigue, blotchy chest, daily headaches, etc. ana was 1:640. c3 135.5 (av.82-194) c4 34.2 (av.18-55) help! meaning?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Not healthy: If you have all these symptoms , you are not healthy. The elevated ANA suggests that you are more likely to suffer from an autoimmune disorder but is not diagnostic per se. I would like to see a CH50 level instead of just C3 or C4. Recommend that you consult a rheumatologist who will likely order confirmatory tests.
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu commented
Provided original answer
It is better for you to consult a rheumatologist who will need other tests to diagnose your condition which may affect organs (kidneys for example) other than just your joints.
Sep 10, 2017