Houston, TX

I had a surgery on my thoracic spine and decompression surgery and it's september and the womb is still open and i'm in pain. what should i do?

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Seek care: Please call your surgeon's on call team immediately for an examination, send him a picture of the wound. You need a full history and exam. Delayed wound healing can be biological or mechanical, exam to rule out infection is paramount to protect you. If the wound is gaping they can staple it around the edges, treat it with wet to dry dressing changes, and lace it up like a shoe. See MD.Good luck
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Followup : Certainly would want to followup with your surgeon. You did not mention how long ago you had your surgery. If it has been over 3 months or so and your wound has not healed, a wound care specialist may be of help. Discuss with your surgeon.

Last updated Sep 8, 2017