Fort Lauderdale, FL

when i stand my heart either beats really fast or slow and hard. what could be the cause? could this be anxiety. went to er june 13 for panic attack, had cardiac workup all normal. however, these symptoms started a few weeks after. anxiety?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Possibly: So, what will you do if it is? I'd like to urge CBT therapy as a first step. They can refer for Rx if really needed, but only start that type of drug if you do. They can be a problem in themselves. They can help but only if needed and for a short use. It was good to get a clean bill of heart health!
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Panic vs. Heart: The symptoms for both MAY look the same. Please go to your doc to rule out any medical condition and then see a mental health pro who treats anxiety disorders. He/she can teach you strategies to deal w/panic if that is what's going on. Peace and good health. See www.relaxationresponse.org for some self-help.

Last updated Aug 12, 2017