Ooltewah, TN

i have a swollen groin lymph node on the right side and is really sore and red?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Infection ?: See your physician

I have a large sore on my groin, that is hard, swollen, extremely red and very uncomfortable. Can you help me?

Dr. Victor Bonuel
Possibilities: It could be infection, inflammation, lymph node, hernia etc. You may need to take some antibiotics. Go see your dr for reassurance.

What could be reason that my groin/ inguinal lynph nodes are sore?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Monitoring Centers: Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

Curious as to why are my groin/ inguinal lynph nodes sore?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Monitoring Centers: Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They react in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.
NO

I have a sore groin that does not heal using Pyrisept ointment?

Dr. John Munshower
Chronic: Since the soreness is not going away, this appears to be a chronic issue, so it is best for you to go to a doctor and have the area examined and properly diagnosed so the best treatment can occur. Best wishes.
Columbiana, AL

Swollen tender lymph node located just above left groin adjacent to left of mons pubis?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Needs to be examined: given your description, likely to be inflamed/infected structure in your groin area or below, but better be seen, in the interim use warm compresses and pain killers, good luck

Last updated Aug 7, 2017