Youngstown, OH

my 2 year old daughter has an mri coming up on her brain and my grandmother pointed out that her forehead protrudes. is this normal?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Check it with Doctor: It could be normal and could abnormal, check with her doctor he will the best to answer this question.
Dr. David Dang
Radiology 14 years experience
See below: Children's heads vary. It would be worthwhile to know if the protrusion is a new thing & the reason for the mri. The brain MRI will be also to show if there is enlargement of the ventricles (hydrocephalus) or if something abnormal with the brain. Please also talk to your child's dr.
Maybe/not: Your grandmothers description does not provide any useful data.This is something that should/would be obvious to any doc examining her if it were a problem.Some kids have a somewhat prominent forehead in a variety of conditions but to make any reasonable assessment would require an actual exam.

Last updated Nov 17, 2016