Knoxville, TN

looking for a dark spot remover for arms and legs?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dermatologist: You would have to consult a dermatologist for diagnosis and advice.

How long does it take to tone your arms and legs after getting out of shape at 55?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Who cares just start: If you were previously in good shape, it will likely take less time, but it takes any body time to adapt to exercise. The rule of thumb is that it takes twice as long as the time away from the gym to return to your previous level (eg 1 month away takes 2 months to recover). If you have been gone for awhile, give yourself at least 3-6 months to work back into shape.

How short is a person who has short arms and legs to be a midget?

Dr. Vance Harris
Midget vrs dwarf: "midget" refers to a person who is very short, but normally proportioned. A person who is small in height but doesn't have disproportionate limbs or other body parts would be a midget (term considered offensive by most). On the other hand, "dwarf" referrs to a person who is small and has disproportionate body parts. Usually a midget is considered if they are under 4'11".
Houston, TX

I have burning in my right arms and legs which they say is linked to parathesis ..But what can I take to stop the burning its so uncomfortable?

Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine 17 years experience
Neuroleptic drugs: Neurontin, lyrica, (pregabalin) or some of the other neuroleptics work well for this sort of pain.
Australia

My leg and arm on my right side are swollen what causes this.?

Doctor can evaluate: In order to swell up just on one side, there has to be more blood or more fluid in that side of the body. The primary care doctor might check to see if there is a blood clot or blood flow problem, if there is a problem in the nerves or nerve signals to that side of the body, if there is fluid in the tissues that is settling into one side of the body due to gravity or lymphatic blockage, etc...
Ozark, AR

White spots on arms and legs?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
White Spots: White spots on your arms and legs can be caused by sun damage, a form of eczema called pityriasis alba, a fungal infection called tinea versicolor and a depigmenting disease called vitiligo. See your dermatologist for a diagnosis and treatment.

Last updated Jun 20, 2017