Brooklyn, NY
A male asked:

i have a bulging vein on my right knee it is not painful at all?

Pathology 49 years experience
Leave it alone: If there are no symptoms, you may leave it alone. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Refluxing veins.: Varicose veins are due to leaking valves(called reflux) most commonly in the saphenous system. To treat these you must first undergo a venous reflux ultrasound to make the diagnosis and determine the proper treatment. Medical management would be the use of support hose but this is only masking the problem. Laser closure of the leaking valves and micro incisions to remove the vv's is the ideal.
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 42 years experience
Vein: Bulging veins usually are the result of venous reflux further up the leg If not painful may not require treatment,however use of support or compression would be advised to aid venous return