Saint Johns, MI

I just went outside in cold air to smoke a cigg and when i came in my upper middle chest hurt and was tight and i was wheezing. what could it be?

Dr. Maureen Mays
Specializes in Clinical Lipidology
Could be time to...: Could be time to quit smoking. Your body is telling you something. Smoking damages your lungs. Cold air makes your lungs have to work harder to keep the air in them warm and moist. When you were out in the cold your lungs could adapt like they should (or used to) so you started wheezing - a sign you cannot dilate your airways. Hopefully this will help you pick a quit date - good luck!

Last updated Apr 14, 2013