Canada

does going for runs and playing soccer affect my bow legs? will they get worse or further apart over time? my legs are about 2 inches apart.

Dr. Christine Hom
Bow legs: Outward bowing of the legs is fairly common and usually stable once bony growth is complete. Please enjoy running and soccer; both are wonderful for bone health. Bone is a living, shifting tissue and weight bearing exercise strengthens the bone as to best support the activity demanded.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Actually: Slight genu varus ( bow legged) is much more associated with athleticism than genu valgus (knock knee). The major long term issue is increased weight on the medial compartments of the knee, long term. If you look at your shoes, you will see more wear on the outside of your heels. If worn, replace the heels.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017