Dallas, TX

i was diagnosed with squamous metaplasia w/ pos hpv , is it safe to wait for a yr for next pap ? my doctor was saying that its perfectly fine.

Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Squamous metaplasia: Yes, your doctor is right.
Pathology 49 years experience
Follow advice: Your doctor's advice is sound, however do get a check up in a year. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.